Old 25-11-2011, 12:36 PM posted to rec.ponds
Doug[_8_] Doug[_8_] is offline

Default This pond group is dead

On 22-Nov-2011, "ReelMckoi" wrote:

"Doug" wrote in message

On 18-Nov-2011, "ReelMckoi" wrote:

We have two ponds. One is 800g and the other 2000g. Both have
rubber
liners. If the smaller one ever develops a leak, we plan to fill it
in.

From the size of its droppings, which are of human proportions,
something
quite big is getting into my garden at night.

Doug.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Geeze.... let me know what it is if you ever find out.

I have been thinking about installing CCTV in the garden.

Doug.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That sounds like an excellent idea. I do miss the fish at times but since

they've been gone I have no more problems with the ponds. It seems
everything out there is attracted to a fish dinner. And while they go
after
their dinner, they destroy the pond.

This past summer only one water lily was somehow knocked out of it's pot.
need to get it repotted before winter.

I have installed the CCTV and have so far seen 2 foxes, one or two cats and
the dog from next door in my garden. There have also been some
unidentifiable small flying creatures.The foxes and cats are at night on
Infra Red, between about 2300 and 0500, and so far they have not damaged my
pond, though the foxes are drinking out of my small fishless pond. The dog
entered across the fence during the day and is so far my prime suspect for
pond damage. I have left two empty pots by my fish pond to see if they are
grabbed during the night. Of course, if there is any further pond damage I
will be able to see the next morning what has done it.

Doug