Old 25-11-2011, 03:37 PM
Granity Granity is offline
Registered User

Location: Bedfordshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by echinosum View Post
As far as I can see, OP's one isn't yellow/orange, doesn't have strongly decurrent gills (though we can't clearly see whether the gills are free, attached or decurrent from the photos), has scales on the cap and has a ring on the stem. Which, if I have interpreted the photos correctly, would be 4 wrong factors for that id. And wrong habitat too, as you say.
My comment about 'first thought' was meant to imply uncertainty.

Quote:
As far as I can see, OP's one isn't yellow/orange
Interesting as the picture I'm looking at is dark orangey/brown on top and yellow gills and stem,now I've found out to enlarge the pictures the one on the right appears to have white gills so it may be the sun shining through the cap causing the yellow gills on the left one.

As well as a ring it appears that the stem has a bulb at the base although witout pulling it up it's difficult to be certain.

I've followed through the keys in both Roger Phillips book as well as Marcel Bon's Mushrooms and toadstools and cant find anything that fits the bill.

I thing to move forward we need a spore print taken to determine the spore colour. Also a description of it's colouring, and texture would be useful as it looks waxy to me
How to do a spore print: Making Spore Prints (MushroomExpert.Com)