Old 25-11-2011, 04:51 PM
Granity Granity is offline
Registered User

Location: Bedfordshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Hobden View Post
"Bob Hobden" wrote

Can anyone ID this for me, I'm useless at fungi.
Growing in our south facing front garden in grass, there are a number of
them coming up and this is the oldest. A large Robinia pseudoacacia
tortuosa was cut down nearby about a month ago.

Unknown fungi - a set on Flickr

I've added some more photos, just taken, to the set...
Unknown fungii 11.11 - a set on Flickr

The cap and stem feel like a normal edible mushroom and the smell of the
broken one is a nice mushroomy smell, quite pleasant.

--
Regards. Bob Hobden.
Those extra pictures weren't showing when I originally open the thread and hit the reply button ( I got called away to help the one who must be obeyed for about a hour :-( ) looking at the new ones the colour is completely different, much more like a grey/light brown one. Still doesn't help much though.