Old 25-11-2011, 07:06 PM posted to rec.ponds
ReelMckoi ReelMckoi is offline

Default This pond group is dead

"Doug" wrote in message

On 22-Nov-2011, "ReelMckoi" wrote:
Geeze.... let me know what it is if you ever find out.

I have installed the CCTV and have so far seen 2 foxes, one or two cats
and
the dog from next door in my garden. There have also been some
unidentifiable small flying creatures.

Cats and fox don't go in the water so it wouldn't be them. Small flying
things = bats?

The foxes and cats are at night on
Infra Red, between about 2300 and 0500, and so far they have not damaged
my
pond, though the foxes are drinking out of my small fishless pond. The dog
entered across the fence during the day and is so far my prime suspect for
pond damage. I have left two empty pots by my fish pond to see if they are
grabbed during the night. Of course, if there is any further pond damage I
will be able to see the next morning what has done it.

Doug

I would bet it's the dog. My neighbors dog would actually jump in the
ponds, knocking the rock necklace along the edge in the water and knock over
and break the plants. He refused to put the dog up until I asked him about
his Ins Co,.... he quickly got a chain for the dog. I was quite happy when
they moved.
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.