Old 25-11-2011, 09:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
someone someone is offline

Default Unknown fungi

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
"Bob Hobden" wrote

Can anyone ID this for me, I'm useless at fungi.
Growing in our south facing front garden in grass, there
are a number of them coming up and this is the oldest. A
large Robinia pseudoacacia tortuosa was cut down nearby
about a month ago.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobhobd...7628125425937/

I've added some more photos, just taken, to the set...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobhobd...7628125414607/

The cap and stem feel like a normal edible mushroom and
the smell of the broken one is a nice mushroomy smell,
quite pleasant.

--

Rozites caperatus? aka Pholiota caperata, aka Cortinarius
caperatus. It seems to have a veil, and looks like the one

someone