Old 28-11-2011, 04:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Pruning Fruit Trees

On Nov 28, 4:46*pm, Roger Tonkin wrote:
Off to see daughter on Wednesday. Last night she calmly request that I
bring my lopers and prune her apple and pear trees! She moved in during
the summer and has had a good crop, but wants them controlled a little
bit.

Never having pruned fruit trees before, any guidance as to how to go
about it, things to avoid etc. Or shall I just follow my instincts!

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales

It depends so much on age and size. Just remember 1/3 off to promote
fruiting growtrh. 2/3 to get growth.
Try looking up on google,several short fils on pruning.