Old 29-11-2011, 02:00 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default How did your garden grow in 2011?

Derald wrote:
songbird wrote:

what type(s) did you plant? for down
there i don't think you're super late...

Inchelium red

definitely not too late. can plant those
into January in the south (from what i'm
reading ).

bogged things down for a while. I finally found a full-flavored,
unsweet, short day "cooking" onion that drew positive comment from "the
cook". This is the first season that I've grown them for real.

what are these?

Red creole

i hope they both go well for you.

i spent a fair amount of time today peeling
garlic. smells like heaven in here. have a
few hundred more cloves to go, will get them
done in the morning and figure out some recipes
to try and then make a library and store run
now that the post TG shopping rush is lightened.

songbird