Old 28-11-2011, 11:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
someone someone is offline

Default rats

"jess1990" wrote in
message ...

hello.i've got rats nesting in my compost bin!i'm not sure
how they have
got in.what should i do?cheers,lee

Get a cat. We have an open compost heap at the bottom of
our garden and our 5-year-old moggie catches and kills one
or two rats a day in the spring, and usually one adult a day
in the summer. He thinks it's great sport. We have an open
compost heap, and ,many of the houses round about us are old
cottages with crumbling sewers and drains that are no longer
used but that harbour rats.