Old 29-11-2011, 05:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default rats

"harry" wrote in message
On Nov 28, 9:52 pm, wrote:
harry wrote:
Are you a nutter that chucks food about the place so encouraging rats.?

I feed the chickens, and we appear to have rats again, so probably, by
your
definition. Strictly speaking, I don't "chuck food about", but I do
throw
it into their run, or into their feeding area, and they spread it around
bit.

Well that's why you have rats. Which will also be plaguing your
nieghbours.
Get a proper feeder. It also reduces waste.

CRAP. I had proper feeders when I had a Deep Litter House. The birds
themselves have no table manners and scatter the food. Consequently I had
rats too.

Theory from books is one thing. Experience from the Real World is another.

"Those who 'can' .. do. Those who 'can't' ... preach"

Kindest possible regards

Mike
Been there. Done that. Got the Tee Shirt

Thornbers 404 and 606's .................... You are all tooooooooooooooooo
young to know what I am talking about.