Old 30-11-2011, 12:13 PM
Lawyer2 Lawyer2 is offline
Registered User

[quote=inhorto;941835]Where are you from? The rose, as you name it, was developed in the
Netherlands, by this company. If you are in Europe, you might want to
try to contact them:

My White Swan is at best around 30 inches, I'd guess slightly shorter than that. My Becky Shastas are just about the height of 36 to 42 inches that you mentioned in your posting. Both were planted over a half dozen years ago.

Both flowers are in the same bed, with the Becky further back and White Swan nearer the front, primarily because of the drier conditions at the back (up a slight rise and nearer the house wall, rather than for any height/planting reasons of mine.

The shastas flow in and out and around the shrubs at the back and show up well against the green shrubs. The Shastas seem to prefer (and spread into) the slightly drier conditions at the back, although the bed is fairly dry overall(for my garden) built on exceptionally heavy compacted clay, since the bed is at the very top of my small hill.

BTW the two plants do not flower at the same time, the WS Ech finishes just as the Becky Shastas start. The Shastas bloom at the same time as a large stand of Jacob Cline Monarda, which is a good 4 feet tall and wide. The shastas, although shorter, sort of surround the monardas and the effect is very pleasing