Old 30-11-2011, 08:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bertie Doe Bertie Doe is offline

Default how soon can I dig up Rhubarb?

"alan.holmes" wrote in message ...

I have some I would like to transfer to another place, but I don't know
whether it is the best time to do this!

Last December I used a fork and lifted all my rhubarb on the allotment.
There were 7 plants, all over 5 years old and each plant was split into 3.
I immediately replanted 7 plants and put the other 14 pieces into 4 litre
polly bags with garden soil and popped them in the greenhouse. Found new
homes on other allotments. No casualties that I am aware of. We're not far
from Dartmoor, at 500' elevation and East facing - so we get some severe
weather here. Here's a good article:-
http://www.gardenaction.co.uk/fruit_...aa_rhubarb.asp