Old 01-12-2011, 06:20 AM posted to aus.gardens
terryc terryc is offline

Default stink bugs

F Murtz wrote:
terryc wrote:

Best toxic substance is confidor. They fall dead out of the tree rather
quickly. so do a pile of other beneficial insects for years afterwards.

What about the bees that pollinate the lemons if that is what they do?

That might explain why I ended up with few citrus last season. I know
the native beekeepers hate it.

If you can vacum them up, it is certaily better but two years ago the
whole neighbourhood was crawling with them and it was a loosing battle
and they were badly affecting both trees. so it was used as last resort.

East to detect, just thump the branch and they pong, then seek and
vacumn. they also get annoyed when you mow under the tree or spray water
o e leaves. Spotting them is the hard thing.