Old 02-12-2011, 05:37 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default How did your garden grow in 2011?

Derald wrote:
songbird wrote:

can you get by with putting a spade down
the edge or do you have to go deeper than a
single spade length?

Hope so, except for following individual tree roots. Gonna rip some
metal roofing for sides/ends, add stuff all winter and move at least the
top six inches of dirt from the existing bed(s), when the stuff in them
now is done. No biggie: They're only 3'x8'. Two tree falls within the
past four years changed the hours of sunlight to my advantage. I now
have space for three beds that would (shalll) receive hours of sunlight
while the existing two languish in the shade of an evergreen magnolia
for the first few hours of the day in fall/winter. The second tree broke
off last spring so this is the first winter with it gone.

that should be a welcome change.

are you going to abandon the old patches
and put them back to lawn or keep using
them for more shade tolerant plants?

too wimpy?

Basically. Not good. Must pique the nose when eaten with, say,
liverwurst or out-of-hand.

heh. have you ever had a peanut butter
and onion sandwich (some add mayo or miracle
whip)?

songbird