Old 02-12-2011, 04:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Is it a Greenouse/Glasshouse/Conservatory

On Dec 2, 9:50*am, interld wrote:
A friend is about to built a hybrid of all three elements of a
Greenhouse/Glasshouse/Conservatory. I can not quite understand the
subtle differences between the three. His architect is asking for
glazing specifications.
Is Horticultural glass still used for anything or has H&S banned it?
Polycarbonate is out for fire reasons. Would safety glass allow all the
benefits of Horticultural glass without the inherent problems?

--
interld

I'd have thought that his architect would be the person to give the
answers not to be the one asking for guidence.
Horticultural glass is used in comercial horticulture.
I can't see how Polycarb would be a fire risk unless he is going to
have indoor barbecues,