Old 02-12-2011, 09:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Potatoes, and suitable for planting?

"stuart noble" wrote ...

AL_n wrote:
Throughout the year I occasionally potatoes from my local supermarket
(for
cooking purposes) and after keeping them for a while, sometimes they
start
sprouting. If this happens, does it mean they are suitable for planting
in
the garden? I live on the South coast of England, with its fairly mild
climate, if that's relevant.

I would assume the answer is "yes", but I'm asking this because I've
never
heard of anyone planting spuds from the supermarket.

I had a very good crop of King Edwards that way.

Can't grow them, got clay in our silt soil.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.