Old 04-12-2011, 05:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
the_constructor[_2_] the_constructor[_2_] is offline

Default Mouldy

Hi Everyone,

I am new on this group and would love to hear your views on the problem that
I have.

I purchased a bag of compost earlier on this year and have used some of it
to start cuttings off in the house and also to repot some African violets.

The problem that I have is that ontop of the compost, it has gone mouldy.
The plants are thriving but the compost is mouldy. I only water from the
bottom.

Could someone please advise what I am doing wrong or what could be causing
the mould.

Many thanks

Jim G