Old 04-12-2011, 06:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default What can we do with homebrew 'dregs'?

wrote:
At least the bacteria would die happy...

%-]

Seriously, I wouldn't worry too much - unless he's working on and
industrial scale.

There is rather a lot of it ... but there's also a lot of compost ...
(I would be quite impressed with his wine-making skills, if only it didn't
taste like something you should be using on a decorating course)

What I would like to know is how I can dispose of befouled cooking
oil. I am reluctant to encourage the local fauna.

Any use to birds? I used to use old margarine tubs full of bird seed, then
pour on cooking oil and leave it to set. However, I can't really recommend
this as a good idea, since I don't think the birds ever ate /any/ of my
offerings (homemade or shop bought)