Old 20-04-2003, 06:26 AM
Jim Miller

Default Jim Miller - your Paintball CO2 experiment

Hi Chuck

Sounds like a good way to have some fun with your son. Good stuff!

I got a chance to swap several emails with Glen Palmer of Palmer Pursuit
Shop (http://www.palmer-pursuit.com) and also had a chance to talk with him
over the phone. His shop is here in Sacramento so it was easy to stop by and
pick up a specially lubed one.

It turns out he also sells modified versions of the MicroRock for a variety
of non-paintball applications, many for scientific instruments. I went
through my understanding of how regulators works and confirmed with him that
the MicroRock should work for this application and that its end of tank
regulation is pretty good. Although the autococker pressure is normally up
around 100psi, Glen assured me that it would regulate fine down at 30psi.

His only suggestion was that a length of tubing of perhaps 2 feet be used
between the MicroRock and the needle valve to act as an accumulator to keep
the regulator from cycling on every bubble released. IIRC, Glen also has
some planted tanks. Quite an interesting guy.

jtm

--
Remove NOSPAM for email replies