Old 05-12-2011, 11:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Does anyone in here use Dropbox?

On 12/05/2011 12:02 PM, Martin wrote:
On Mon, 05 Dec 2011 11:51:29 +0100, Emery Davis
wrote:

On 12/04/2011 07:48 PM, AriesVal wrote:
I used this excellent free application to upload these flower pics I
took in my garden last week before the frost hit.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15210821/morning%20dew2.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15210821/P1040703.jpg

That is a pretty fuschia!

I've used dropbox. You can use it to store large documents, or exchange
files, as well as pictures. You can restrict access to files which is
useful if there are confidentiality issues. Unlimited storage IIRC.

2 Gigabytes are free, if you want more you have to pay for it.
You get an extra quarter of a gig free for every person you get to
subscribe to Drop Box.
We use it for exchanging photos etc. within the family.

Don't know if it's any better than the other options out there, but
dropbox works just fine.

It was among the best three in a PC magazine test.

Actually now I recall the slick thing about it (under Windows, didn't
work for Linux of course): you install a little app and it keeps a
desktop "dropbox folder" synced with the others in the group. That's of
course useful for document sharing, but would be pretty nice for sharing
media content with family etc. (Although I suppose there's facebook for
that! I don't use it, but I'm the only one in the family who doesn't).