Old 05-12-2011, 06:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default today a bee!

On Dec 5, 5:34*pm, Janet Tweedy wrote:
In article , Sacha
writes

Another way to feed in the winter months it to use baker's fondant (the
soft icing on cakes) as this won't ferment and the bees can eat it
straight away."

Oh that's good, I've just bought a canon printer that uses edible inks
and have been playing at printing photographs onto icing sheets, both
large cake sizes and cupcake ones and have done about 6 cakes so far and
also got a fair bit of spare fondant icing left from doing the sides to
match the top!

Send me a photo Sacha and I'll print you one to put on ray's Christmas
cake.
Do you know (off topic admittedly) no one has yet been happy at eating
the actual bit with a face on it? Well apart from my friend's husband
who would rather eat the photograph with his wife's or his face than
desecrate the Chelsea football club logo on the very top

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy

Amazing what you learn from this group, never heard of edible ink and
water paper,
I thought that trying to put a cake through the printer would muck up
both the cake and the printer
But it could make food for the Xmas bumble bee.
David