Old 06-12-2011, 11:04 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Gordon[_6_] Gordon[_6_] is offline

Default Three sisters method.

General Schvantzkoph wrote in
:

Sweet peas and corn grow in different seasons. Attempting to combine
them is a waste of time and money.

Where the hell do you live? Corn and peas both come up in July and
August in New England. We plant them at the end of May and harvest in
August.

Pretty much the same thing here. Although the peas are put in from
starts and the corn is direct seeded. I can see that the peas may
out run the corn. I think the best approach (since this would be
my second season, and I'm still experimenting) would be to plant
the peas separatly this year and see how they grow compared to
the corn.