Old 07-12-2011, 01:12 PM
Matt Smith Matt Smith is offline
Registered User

Location: Suffolk

Hi Jim,

I would avoid the solar pumps shipped directly from China. You may get lucky, but there is a high chance of disappointment.

We are not currently selling solar pumps in our store, but we have done in the past, and are currently hearing positive notes about the Bermuda range.

If you do go for a solar option, be prepared to invest a little time in the positioning the panel and maintenance. As much direct sunlight to the panel as possible, and ensure that the pump is cleaned periodically. They are tiny brushless motors that run best on water that is free of debris.

Hope this helps.

Matt
www.gardenitems.co.uk