Old 07-12-2011, 06:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Unknown fungi

"Bob Hobden" wrote

"Granity" wrote

echinosum; Wrote:
On which point, don't eat it. Rozites is edible, but Cortinarius
includes some highly poisonous ones, and very few are known to be
edible. Smell and taste are not an indication of edibility - the
morituri (and a few lucky survivors) report that death caps are very
tasty.

As I said we need a spore print to move forward as the spore colour will
help identify the family group

I have the cap of one of the smaller ones on a white piece of paper in my
garage covered with a large flowerpot. So we will so IDC.

Just looked, the spore print is white with radial lines.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.