Old 08-12-2011, 01:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Rooting compound

"Therefore" wrote in message
Hello
can you help.
I watched an Australian program where the use of Willow bark soaked in
water was used as a dip to help rooting. " all cuttings died, hard -soft
and in-between "

I am going to have another try this week end to get some cuttings started

So answers by this group much appreciated as to what to try next

T.I.A
...............................Leslie

I know nothing about using willow infusion for rooting but I can tell you
that although I use a (fresh) hormone rooting powder it makes very little
difference to the out come, the main things that effect rooting are a good
clean cutting mix, good clean cutting material properly prepared and done at
optimum time, avoidance of hot sun at all times but maintaining good light
levels. and using a fungicide (this is the main reason for using the rooting
powder as it contains a fungicide)

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs