Old 09-12-2011, 06:44 AM posted to rec.ponds
Doug[_8_] Doug[_8_] is offline

Default This pond group is dead

On 8-Dec-2011, "ReelMckoi" wrote:

"Doug" wrote in message

Here is the video of the fox attacking my pond.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IVxfpT_hNk

Doug

It looks like you're going to have to go with an electric fence. He's
probably not the only fox involved. You can also use a 3 or 4' tall
chicken
wire fence topped with a string of electric. That will also keep rabbits
and
squirrels out of your pond, lawn and garden.

I assume he was after the fish or whatever lives in your pond right now.

There are four fish and a frog or two who live in the pond.

I don't want anything that looks too conspicuous. In the meantime I have put
up a few simple barriers made of sticks which blocks the route around the
back of the pond and that seems to be working for now but if the attacks
continue I will have to get an electric fence. It all seems a bit much
though, all this technology just because of four little fishes! I have yet
to try my broken beam alarm but the neighbours might object to the noise in
the middle of the night.

Doug.