Old 09-12-2011, 08:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Rooting compound

"Chris Hogg" wrote in message
On 9 Dec 2011 00:04:02 GMT, wrote:

'Mike' wrote:
I wonder if an aspirin dissolved in water would work (salicylic acid
and all that).
I seem to remember something about an Asprin in the water of cut flowers
keeps them going longer.

My mum used to put half an aspirin in the water when she had an orchid
(boxed orchid was a popular mothers' day present for some years). Not
once
did her orchid flower have a heart attack.

Or a headache, presumably :-)

--

Chris

Gardening in West Cornwall overlooking the sea.
Mild, but very exposed to salt gales

Chris since my Quadruple Heart By-Pass a couple of years ago, I am on a
soluble Disprin every day, (besides a cocktail of other tablets), but it
doesn't stop headaches. But I must admit I don't get many ;-)

Mike