Old 09-12-2011, 12:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
CT CT is offline

Default Brazil nuts - Walnuts

Sue wrote:

"CT" wrote
Sales of Brazil nuts in their shells have been banned for several
years now:

http://www.elixirnews.com/news/brazi...ommission.html

That may have been so in 2004 (or was it one of those yes we'll have
no bent banana stories?) but you can certainly buy whole Brazils now.
I bought loose mixed nuts in their shells, including Brazils, only
yesterday.

I stand to be corrected, either on the ban itself or simply that some
traders are flouting it, if it does exist!.

I know I haven't seen them in the supermarket for a while, and Googling
for "brazil nut shells" just brought up a load of "they're banned"
stories. Maybe Google has taken the Daily Mail as a sponsor!

--
Chris