Old 09-12-2011, 03:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stephen Wolstenholme[_2_] Stephen Wolstenholme[_2_] is offline

Default Brazil nuts - Walnuts

On Fri, 09 Dec 2011 15:18:13 +0000, Chris Hogg wrote:

On Fri, 9 Dec 2011 11:20:41 -0000, "Therefore"
wrote:

Hello
I am searching for the brazil nuts - walnuts that are still in the shell

The pre shelled nuts have been boiled to remove the shells and have
lost their vitamin and mineral content

I am looking in the Truo area Cornwall - even nuts by post would be
of help

These nuts have a medicinal effect which help me with my vitamin

deficiencies

T.I.A. ..........................Leslie

I eat both brazils and walnuts, bought pre-shelled from my local
health food store. Where did you get the idea that they've been boiled
to remove the shells? It seems highly unlikely to me.

Damp will stop nut shelling machine working. The manually operated
Universal Nut Sheller won't work with nuts that are anything but bone
dry. The modern horizontal powered version is basically the same but
it uses a drum separator rather than lots of fingers! I saw one
working at a factory near where I lived when I was a kid on a job
hunting tour.

Steve

--
Neural network software applications, help and support.

Neural Network Software. www.npsl1.com
EasyNN-plus. Neural Networks plus. www.easynn.com
SwingNN. Forecast with Neural Networks. www.swingnn.com
JustNN. Just Neural Networks. www.justnn.com