Old 10-12-2011, 02:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default Pampas Grass.

In article , sheila
writes
Hi, we want to fill a gap, and have decided on a Pampas grass, possible the
pink variety, we don't want to plant it in the ground,but in a large pot. I
want the teams advice as this is possible, what is the minimum pot size for
a good showy plant?--we will of course get a large pot if required!

Um, HUGE!! It has fibrous roots and can make a really hefty clump. It
took me three hours on Wednesday to dig one out of someone's lawn and
cutting my hand to bits.
However if you want a bit - well i have about 17 varying sized clumps
now, having pulled it all apart .

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy