Old 10-12-2011, 06:51 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
Just need to write to Santa to ask for a new garden thermometer.
.
Can you get them nowadays? - good ones, that is?

We have one of the old ones with a metal "float" on top of each column, that you pull back down with a magnet when you want to reset. That works brilliantly.

Nowadays the equivalent ones have a press button to allow the "float" to come back down, and that doesn't work so well. Added to which, the last one we got, when unwrapped, proved to have 1/2inch freedom to move relative to the scale. I object to paying for a thermometer than having to calibrate it myself!

So are there any available which work reasonably well?