Old 10-12-2011, 06:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default At Last, a Frost

On Sat, 10 Dec 2011 14:47:50 +0100, Emery Davis
wrote:

cheers, and good on you getting the tree up. We'll get ours next WE
hopefully.

The tree appears earlier each year for some reason - it's always
linked to a family birthday and I've worked out that if the
procurement date advances again next year, the next birthday is mine
in May!

We've managed to move the tree (fully decorated) to the conservatory
today, having found more little groups of ladybirds. It'll be cooler
there so we hope they won't wake up. We can also leave the tree there
for as long as we like and it'll be easy to vacuum up any fallen
"spikes". We're actually grateful to the little critters as the tree
looks a lot better where it is now and we've decided that'll be the
place from now on.

The ladybugs have survived the trip from grower to house as we got the
tree fresh - the supply had arrived in the morning and we collected
the tree in the afternoon. It then came home in the car and simply
went through a trunk-sawing operation in the garage before being
placed in situ to settle down so no opportunity for squatting in
between!

Cheers, Jake
Urgling (after the first frost) from
the dryer (east) end of Swansea Bay.