Old 11-12-2011, 03:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Be warned

On Dec 11, 2:58*pm, "Bill Grey" wrote:
"Martin" wrote in message

On Sat, 10 Dec 2011 11:10:31 -0800 (PST), Dave Hill
wrote:

For those who have noticed postings from Jake who says he is from "the
dryer (east) end of Swansea Bay." I shgould point out that this is
dryer, not Dry,
It's this rain that gives us the *lush green and the beautifull
beaches that are "The Gower",
http://www.the-gower.com/beaches/beaches.htm
The miles of sea washed sands that are Swansea Bay * *Look at
Images of Swansea bay on Google Images
Fabulous gardens such as Clyne gardens in the spring
http://www.enjoygower.com/panos/clyne.cfm
Why not visit *this great part of Wales and also have the chance to
sample real Welsh Rain
David
At the wet end of Swansea bay
.

When I lived in Newport Mon. in 1964-1966, if I referred to the Gower
Peninsula as The Gower, I was always corrected by the locals.
Was I correct all the time?

Yes you were Martin.

At our camera club as speaker corrected us when we referred to the Scilly
Isles (or The isles of Scilly) as just The Scillies. *She later called the
Gower Peninsular. - *The Gower - and was promptly brought to book.

Bill- Hide quoted text -

Well here we just calkl it The Gower