Old 12-12-2011, 03:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default Pruning Young Apple Tree

On 2011-12-12 13:01:05 +0000, Chris J Dixon said:

Last November I bought a 2-year bare-root family apple tree from
Blackmoor. On M26 stock I have Discovery, James Grieve and
Sunset.

After planting I cut back the branches by about 1/3.

It is healthy, but has not put on a great deal of new growth, and
I am unsure exactly when and how to prune again.

They have help and advice on their web site
http://www.blackmoor.co.uk/pruning.php

Yes, I have already read that, but am still having difficulty in
applying it to what stands before me. Some of it, taken
literally, would remove more than this year's growth, which can't
be right.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK