Old 12-12-2011, 04:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harry harry is offline

Default Best Way To Get Rid Of Ivy

On Dec 12, 12:20*pm, Matt Smith Matt.Smith.
wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with winning a battle against ivy? Is it
a case of just stripping the roots from the ground on an ongoing basis,
or is there a particularly effective form of weed killer?

Kind Regards

Matt

--
Matt Smith

The leaves are waxy and tend to render weed killer ineffective.
However I used to mix Roundup with paraffin and spray it with that.
They don't recommend it any more, I think the paraffin is considered
eco-unfriendly these days.

(That is concentrated Roundup, not the premixed stuff BTW)