Old 12-12-2011, 10:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Labiate ID

On Dec 12, 9:19*pm, kay wrote:
'Jeff Layman[_2_ Wrote:

;943957']On 11/12/2011 22:18, Stewart Robert Hinsley wrote:

(snip)
-

OK. I've looked at some more genera (e.g. Misopates).

It looks as if it's Chaenorhinum origanifolium, possibly the cultivar
'Blue Dream'. Doesn't look all that much like Chaenorhinum minus,
which
I occasionally see in the wild (it has an affinity for gravel around
electricity substations).-

Chaenorhinum origanifolium looks a pretty good match.

I new one on me, so I googled. Aka Malling toadflax, has been growing
near West Malling since about 1880, also known from 9 other sites.

And also grown as a garden plant.

--
kay

Well that's put me out of my misery, I had it a few years ago but lost
it first winter.