Old 12-12-2011, 11:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Where would You live

"Dave Hill" wrote

I was asked the other day. If I could live anywhere I wanted to, money
no object where would I live.
I'm still thinking, and after 1.25 inches of rain yesterday, and the
forecast of possibly 2 inches tonight to go with gale force winds, I
just wish money was no object.
So where would you move to?

I always wanted to move to one of the houses that were our family farms (on
mothers side) but someone has virtually destroyed the original senior one
except for a remaining bit of the house. Goodness knows why it's been mostly
destroyed and then left like that for, maybe, 20 years.
52°06'50.59" N 1°17'03.91" W

Another one is still there but has changed significantly, they have even
painted the old red brick white !!!
52°07'10.45" N 1°20'04.15" W

However, with money no object the boss has a house in Westwood Road,
Windlesham she is in love with. Probably Bagshot Sand though, so acid and
not too good for growing anything other than Rhodies etc. But hey, I'd have
to cope, probably keep my allotment on and get a big conservatory, and pond,
and let the gardener cope with the acid sand. :-)

--
Regards. Bob Hobden.