Old 13-12-2011, 11:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default What a night!

On Dec 13, 10:47*am, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Tue, 13 Dec 2011 09:38:20 -0000, "shazzbat"

wrote:
Well, after all that wind and rain, and some disturbing noises outside that
had to wait till morning to investigate, I found we've got off very lightly.
The dustbin lid has gone AWOL, the bird table was at 45degrees, one cement
troll fallen off the wall and smashed, and quite a bit of water in the
greenhouse. So far, I think that's it.

How did you get on?

Steve

The wind peaked in the early evening yesterday down in west Cornwall,
gusting to around 60mph, with about two thirds of an inch of rain, so
nothing special; just a typical winter storm. No obvious damage in the
garden, but it's designed to cope with such weather, with all shrubs
doubly and sometimes triply staked with heavy stakes. Sunshine and
blustery hail showers here this morning.

--

Chris

Gardening in West Cornwall overlooking the sea.
Mild, but very exposed to salt gales

Sunshine here now but half an hour ago heavy hail it's lying like snow
in places.
Overnight we had rain and wind gusting to just over 70mph, but we only
had 0.7 of an inch of rain and not the 2" that was forecast.
Plenty more rain and wind due over the next few days.
David
At the wet end of Swansea Bay,