Old 13-12-2011, 05:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default What a night!

In article
, Dave
Hill writes
Sunshine here now but half an hour ago heavy hail it's lying like snow
in places.
Overnight we had rain and wind gusting to just over 70mph, but we only
had 0.7 of an inch of rain and not the 2" that was forecast.
Plenty more rain and wind due over the next few days.
David
At the wet end of Swansea Bay,

3 degrees and falling here in south Bucks., also raining and sleet, wind
biting and dark very early.

Ah well, i would say I'd look forward to snow but after the last two
winters I've changed my mind!!

Prettiest Christmas was about 20 years ago when we had a haw frost on
Christmas eve and Christmas day was a magical picture.
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph