Old 15-12-2011, 04:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat shazzbat is offline

Default What a night!

"Martin" wrote in message
On Thu, 15 Dec 2011 11:04:20 -0000, "shazzbat"
wrote:

"Martin" wrote in message
. ..
On Wed, 14 Dec 2011 09:33:11 -0000, "shazzbat"
wrote:

"Martin" wrote in message
m...

On 2011-12-13 12:45:06 +0000, "Bob Hobden" said:

"shazzbat" wrote ...

Well, after all that wind and rain, and some disturbing noises
outside
that had to wait till morning to investigate, I found we've got off
very lightly. The dustbin lid has gone AWOL, the bird table was at
45degrees, one cement troll fallen off the wall and smashed, and
quite
a bit of water in the greenhouse. So far, I think that's it.

How did you get on?

Bit windy and some heavy rain, which appears to have found a way
into
our garage, not too bad though.

Howling wind and rain forcing its way in through closed windows! Then
it all died away and was quiet. But it's quite gusty again this
morning
with some very cold showers. I'm told that up on the moor, just
outside
Ashburton, it's snowing.

The rain arrived here this evening

You snipped the South Pole live webcam :-)

Sorry about that. I tend to just snip to the bit I want to reply to. I
hadn't checked out the link, I have now, and bookmarked it.

I put it there because I assumed people weren't opening links. Most of
the time I don't open links either. It's a shame that the US have made
the South Pole look like an industrial estate. I hope they have a plan
B if there is a fire.
--

Throw snow on it?

And is there a webcam for the north pole ?

Steve