Old 15-12-2011, 08:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default The use of links

On 15/12/2011 17:30, Dave Hill wrote:
When people ask questions where the answer is easy to find in line and
is well explained then I for one will put a link to it.
I be blowed if I am going to type out a couple of hundred words when
the answer is easily accesible.
I know I could cut and paste, but why should I. It's not fair on those
with slow internet conections.
If there are a lot of people out there who don't bother to open the
links,(and they should be safe when put there by regular merbers of
URG) then why should I and others bother answering questions.
David
At the wet end of Swansea Bay.

Wrong way round, Dave.

A few paragraphs of text copied and pasted from a webpage to a Usenet
message will be much quicker for someone using dialup to download and
read. A link to a webpage which has the same text, but which also has
umpteen graphics, will take ages to download.

Why the difficulty copying and pasting? Highlight the text you want to
copy, press Control and c, change to the Usenet message, put the cursor
where you want the copied text to appear, and press Control and v.

Simples!

--

Jeff