Old 16-12-2011, 12:16 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Hill View Post

Yes Jeff I do know how to cut and paste, but if someone is just to
bloody idle to look up a simple thing on Google (or Chrome or what
ever) then why the hell should I bother to do the work for them.
David
I've no problem with clicking on urls, but I don't bother if there's no indication what it's about. Usually someone says "lots of good advice on .... he", but occasionally someone posts something like "interesting article he" -- interesting article on *what*? Once sentence saying what it's about would tell me whether I wanted to click on it.

And I'm very conscious that although I have good broadband, many people that I know have much slower broadband - clicking on a link takes time, so it is helpful for them to know beforehand whetehr it's likely to be useful/interesting to them or not.