Old 16-12-2011, 12:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default The use of links

Spider wrote in :

On 15/12/2011 21:07, Dave Hill wrote:

Why the difficulty copying and pasting? Highlight the text you want to
copy, press Control and c, change to the Usenet message, put the cursor
where you want the copied text to appear, and press Control and v.

Simples!

--

Jeff

Yes Jeff I do know how to cut and paste, but if someone is just to
bloody idle to look up a simple thing on Google (or Chrome or what
ever) then why the hell should I bother to do the work for them.
David

I go along with much of what you say, David, but idleness isn't
necessarily the reason for a failed internet search, whoever the OP's
browser.
I remember responding to a special seed search question and suggested
the then OP google on 'heritage seeds', which I knew would throw up
oodles of links. The OP was glad to take this advice. His real problem
was not idleness, but the lack of a suitable search word/phrase. He
searched for 'seeds', but 'heritage' was the extra tag he needed to
properly address his search. I was glad to help, as most urglers are;
indeed as are you. We all have moments of mental dullness when we need
a little help.

Also, some of us like to see the views other, more experienced gardeners
and their practical experiences in a particular topic.
Google/www.any is full of absolute rubbish IMO.

It is people like Dave Hill (and loads of others) where we get useful info
within this group. I mean practical and tried and tested from people who we
know and trust.

In my experience it is always better to ask in this group. My success as a
fairly new gardener can be down to asking questions in this group from, as
I say experienced gardeners.

Baz