Old 17-12-2011, 08:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT - Automatic Internet Explorer Updates

On 17/12/2011 15:33, Janet Tweedy wrote:
In article , Jake
writes
It may be an issue for some people. I use Chrome most of the time but
I've found, e.g., that IE is more reliable when I'm doing my online
tax return, provided I use IE7. IE8 and IE9 don't work.

The new version or maybe a new version of Google is annoying me quite
deeply at the moment.
If I type anything into the search window at the top the browser goes
off to find stuff before I have even finished which is really
distracting! AND for some reason i have a time lag as i type in the text
since upgrading rather like the olden days when the computer had to
catch up with watch you were keyboarding

and NO i don't want google's idea of "relevant" to what i might be
searching for - it never is

That is one advantage of using Firefox with NoScript. I don't allow
Google permission to run scripts, thus I can type the whole search
expression in without it harassing me with irrelevant information.

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.