Old 17-12-2011, 11:56 PM posted to rec.gardens
Frank Frank is offline

Default Wonder what this weed is?

Frank wrote:
Comes in on ivy banks and even grass. Don't know what it is.

http://i39.tinypic.com/o54aa1.jpg

Where is it? I see a grassy bank. We need a close-up of the whole plant
and preferably also of any seed or flower heads. Your location in the
world would help too.

David

Northern Delaware USA. About a foot tall.
I was just messing with the tinypic site and having loaded picture,
thought I might as well post here and ask question.

I've been trying to eradicate it and may concentrate on it next summer.
Had been working on ivy for the bank for years but discovered that deer
eat it but not this weed. It completely covers my neighbors back yard
and he cuts it like grass. I think my pre-emergent for crabgrass keeps
it down but not completely and broadleaf herbicide does not touch it.