Old 17-12-2011, 11:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT - Automatic Internet Explorer Updates

On 17/12/2011 22:56, Janet Tweedy wrote:
In article , Granity
writes
Janet, go to 'Preferences' (http://www.google.com/preferences) and turn
'Google Instant predictions' to off, you can also set other preferences
there as well such as opening each selection in a new tab to save using
the back button. Don't forget to click on save preferences when you're
done.

Blimey Granity what actually switched that on then? I Never had it until
about a month ago and it's very distracting to say the least. Thanks for
the tip!

It does assume that you retain cookies between browser sessions so that
Google and other advertisers etc can track everywhere you go on the
internet.

If like me you have the browser automatically delete all cookies when
the browser is closed Google will forget who you are and not know your
preferences any more.

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.