Old 18-12-2011, 12:25 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default First sweet corn

"Steve Peek" wrote:

"Martin Riddle" wrote in message

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
On Dec 15, 2:38 am, "David Hare-Scott" wrote:
I cut my first sweet corn of the summer tonight. It was very tender
and juicy but only average in flavour. I feel that I will be
required to keep testing. Someone has to do it.

Man its winter in 1 week

Yes amazing isn't it.

I can smell the seed catalogs coming of the presses now.....

Cheers

I got Park's and Johnny's this week, already planning.

Southern Exposure Seed Exchange, Totally Tomatoes[?- it isn't],
Pinetree, & Shumway, here. Their marketing departments haven't
figured out that by the time I get a few minutes to go through them,
they will be at the bottom of the pile. The ones I get after the 1st
of the year stand a chance.

Reading seed catalogs reminds me that I am a bit too optimistic
sometimes. Catch me in the right mood and I believe some of the
descriptions.g

Jim