Old 18-12-2011, 09:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Garden Centres near Amersham

"Janet Tweedy" wrote ..

Anyone got a garden centre to recommend within about an hours drive from
Beaconsfield/Amersham, which might interest a fairly new gardener?

I only know nurseries really and can't think of good GC's apart from Worlds
End near Wendover , Little Heath in Berkhamsted ( a true nursery) and
Ayletts near St Albans. All of which she has visited frequently.

I have been asked to suggest somewhere for two beginner gardeners who also
want to eat there

There's a funny little garden centre near the Eton Rowing Lake, the place
where they will hold the Olympic Rowing, I can't remember what it's called
(Dorney Court walled garden?) but the fruit trees and bushes there were very
good quality and actually cheaper than from the nursery that supply them.
They do have a cafe and the food smelt superb but we had somewhere to go. As
I said at the beginning it is little though.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.