Old 18-12-2011, 09:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Mistletoe

"Dave Hill" wrote

kay wrote:
mogga Wrote:

From the train (around Worcester) I have seen TONS of the stuff.
A lot is very high up though.
[/url]

On the news this morning it said that attempts to increase the amount of
mistletoe had failed and there were worries that with the decline of old
orchards we would lose our mistletoe. I hope not - it was part of my
childhood, huge clumps of mistletoe high up in trees where no-one could
get at them (also around Worcester - Tenbury Wells, just up river, is
where they have the annual mistletoe market).

When I was up near Newbury we had mistletoe growing on Hawthorne.

Loads of it around this area, some trees look like they are still in leaf.
The Englefield Green, Great Park Windsor and Runnymede Meadow areas seem to
be especially blessed but even small central reservation trees near Thorpe
Park have lots. So easy to see this time of year with the leaves off.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.