Old 18-12-2011, 04:23 PM
Granity Granity is offline
Registered User

Location: Bedfordshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet Tweedy[_2_] View Post
Tried to switch off Google automatic suggestions and did turn off the
option as recommended but the pages still come up as suggestions as I am
trying to type the search string into the window!!
--
Janet Tweedy
1) did you save it and got the 'your preferences have been saved' message?

2) do you have cookies enabled?

3) do you have 'clear cookies on closing the browser' set?

It may be a non option in google chrome, I use SRWare Iron as it's the same program but without the bits that reports all your surfing habits etc back to google, I use FireFox as well.