Old 19-12-2011, 02:05 AM posted to rec.gardens
Travis Travis is offline

Default Pruning wild rhododendrons?

On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 20:52:00 -0700, Dwight wrote:

We have a rhodie, transplanted to our garden from Mt Townsend on the
Olympic Penninsula in Washington.

It has become too leggy for our present setting (These plants normally
grow to 10 - 12 feet or so, with blossoms only on the top third).

We would like to prune it down to two feet and let it start over.

1. Is this advisable?

2. Can we do it now, or should we wait till winter?

Thanks in advance!

Dwight

Did you have a permit to remove the rhododendron from the Olympic National
Park?

--

Travis in Shoreline Washington